OK I know I have a prejudice for Pilates mat work after all it’s what I teach, but I can list very sound reasons for you to at least give it a try! So let’s roll out your Pilates mat and get started.
- New to Pilates or are you a beginner? Pilates fundamentals can be learned more easily on the mat. All the basics can be found in the mat work.
- You learn to use your own inner springs. It’s your body and the mat.
- Mat skills will be very helpful to you if you decide you want to work out on the equipment.
- Looking for a challenge. Pilates on the mat is just that!
- It is easy to apply the Pilates principals to your mat work. Centering, concentration, control, breadth, precision and flow.
- Mat classes are more affordable than equipment classes and you will still get all the wonderful benefits that Pilates has to offer.
- Pilates mat work goes where you go. No excuses. No matter where you go in the world your Pilates mat practice goes with you.
- Pilates on the mat is more than exercise it’s a practice of self-awareness that you take with you from the mat to your everyday life.
Ready to give Pilates on the mat a try? Pilates Body NYC makes it simple and convenient. We are the NYC Upper West Side Pilates studio that comes to you. In-Home Pilates on the Pilates mat, Personal, Private, Focused & Effective. Let’s roll out your Pilates mat and get started! I look forward to sharing my passion of Pilates with you.
Pilates ‘Conscious Awareness’ of your body will make a difference in the daily activities of your life.
When you pay attention to what the body is doing consciously, you have the opportunity to improve your movement and improve your habits. Create new healthy body habits.
According to Wikipedia Consciousness is the quality or state of awareness, or, of being aware of an external object or something within oneself. It has been defined as: sentience, awareness, subjectivity, the ability to experience or to feel, wakefulness, having a sense of selfhood, and the executive control system of the mind.
Pilates is not just about learning exercises it stretches well beyond that. When practiced correctly with conscious awareness, it can transform the way you breathe, sit, move, and use your muscles in your everyday life
- A stronger core
- Makes you more flexible
- Easy on your joints
- Improves your posture
- Helps alleviate back pain
- Helps to prevent and rehabilitate injuries
- Complements & enhances sports
- Relaxes your mind and helps rid you of anxiety
Pilates is full body exercise for full body living. Enjoy the benefits of Pilates in your daily life. With a Pilates conscious awareness of your body you will change your habits and become a fit new you.
Pilates Body NYC on the Upper West Side offers Private Pilates Instruction all around NYC. We put the ‘personal’ in your Pilates practice.
Many of us spend much of our day in an office which in turn makes our ‘Workplace Posture’ extra important. How you sit all day will have a direct effect on your body. If you sit incorrectly hour after hour how can you expect to stand correctly at the end of the day?! So lets take a look at how your workstation measures up.
Here is a checklist you can use as a guide
♦ Your Chair
Should support your lower back
Your feet should rest firmly on the ground (or footrest) slightly in front of you
♦ Your Monitor
Should be directly in front of you, at an arm’s length distance with your eyes at the same level as the tool bar
♦ Your Mouse
Should be positioned close to you near the edge of the desk
♦ Your Keyboard
Should be centered in front of you and near the edge of the desk
How do you know if you are sitting correctly?
- Is your back straight, maintaining all 3 natural curves of your spine
- Is your weight distributed evenly on both hips
- Is your head and neck aligned over your shoulders
- Are you sitting back in your chair; being supported by the seat bac
- Avoid sitting for long periods of time; get up from your chair often. Take a walk, and stretch.
Have you ever considered an exercise break for lunch?
Pilates which teaches you body awareness and how to move more efficiently can be your perfect answer. Learn to use your deep core muscles – the abdominals, back, and pelvic floor – which support your posture this will allow your shoulders to relax, your neck and head to move more freely, and will relieve stress on the hips, legs, and feet.
Pilates Body NYC offers Pilates in your Workplace throughout New York City. Bring wellness and balance to your workplace with a Pilates break.
Pilates is a practice that is for you and all about you.
New to Pilates, what is the best way to start?
Pilates Body NYC recommends that you take private sessions first. This will allow you to learn how the exercises should be performed as well as any modifications that might be needed for your body. Remember that a Pilates practice is for you and all about you and your body. If you choose to do group classes later, you will receive greater benefits from the exercises by knowing and applying the proper technique as well as any personal modifications needed to prevent possible injury. Please click here to see our New Client Specials.
How often should I do Pilates?
We recommend two to three times a week, but even once a week will be beneficial. Keep in mind that Pilates is a practice and the more you practice the more you will benefit. The most important thing is consistency.
How soon can I expect to see results?
I get asked this question all the time! Joseph Pilates said, “In 10 sessions you’ll feel the difference, in 20 sessions you’ll see the difference, and in 30 sessions you’ll have a whole new body”. Exact results may vary by individuals, but with a consistent Pilates practice you will see & feel a difference. Practice will make perfect.
Pilates Body NYC welcomes your questions after all a Pilates practice is all about you!
Pilates Body NYC is the Upper West Side Pilates Studio that comes to you wherever you are. We make Pilates convenient!