In the fitness world, personal trainers are common. Trainers work one-on-one to ensure that their clients use proper form for weight training and other exercises. That personalized approach isn’t just limited to traditional workouts at the gym. If you’re a Pilates enthusiast, private Pilates sessions may be your best bet.
Why Private Pilates Sessions?
An alternative to group classes or practicing on your own with a DVD, private Pilates sessions offer much more. Pilates is all about you and your body. The goal is to develop body awareness and intelligent movement. While you can do this over time with others or on your own, having a personal instructor to work with will enable you to see results in a much shorter period of time.
We are all unique. No two bodies are the same. Therefore, how can one workout fit all? Simply put, it can’t. When you’re in a class, you probably look around to see what everyone else is doing, right? Don’t worry. It’s okay and normal to do that, but it may not be serving you well. For example, you may start wondering why others can do a particular exercise and you can’t. There are many possible reasons, but none of them are important.
When you pay attention to what others are doing, you lose concentration on the most important person in the room: you! Private Pilates sessions work because a personal instructor will continually redirect your attention to your body. This will help you master the exercises quickly and see results sooner.
Your Body, Your Mind: Making the Most of Your Time on the Mat
Pilates is a body-mind workout. It’s for your body and your mind, not someone else’s. Of course, you can go to a class to get what you need and leave the rest, and that’s fine if you know what you need and don’t mind spending the extra time on what you will leave behind. But are you sure you know your body needs? If you’re not quite sure, personal Pilates sessions will help you find out.
Another rationale for group classes that may not be optimally effective is some movement is better than no movement at all. Yes, of course it is. But imagine knowing your body so well that you can focus on moving in the exact ways that are right for you. This is intelligent movement.
Private Pilates sessions are the most effective way to learn the method as it applies to your unique body. A personal Pilates instructor can provide you with an in-depth, insightful look at Pilates and your body. You’ll learn what your body needs to do The focus in a private session is on you learning about you. Private Pilates sessions help you understand your physical self and how to move with more ease and efficiency in daily life, as well as in any sport you participate in.
Pilates is more than exercise. It is movement for life. Private sessions will equip you with the body awareness and tools you need to get more out of group classes. Then perhaps when you do take a class, someone will be eyeing you!
Pilates Body NYC specializes in personal private Pilates instruction. Our specialty is you. We also make Pilates convenient. We are the Upper West Side Pilates Studio that comes to you.
- A Healthy Diet for People Who Practice Pilates: Knowing What Your Body Needs - May 15, 2017
- How Pilates Benefits MS: A Pilates NYC Case Study - May 1, 2017
- Improving Strength and Flexibility with Susan’s Individualized Pilates Instruction - April 17, 2017
- Pilates for Headache Relief: Skip the Painkillers and Treat Your Whole Body - April 3, 2017
- Pilates is Enjoyable: How Susan Helped Me Move Past My Resistance - March 20, 2017
- Body for Life: How to Have a Great Relationship with You - March 6, 2017
- Exercise Personality: What is Yours and Why Should You Know It? - February 20, 2017
- Pilates Facts: What is the Foundation of Pilates Practice and How Does it Work? - February 13, 2017
- Pilates Tips: Four Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Practice - February 6, 2017
- Teacher or Instructor: Which Do You Prefer for Your Pilates Learning? - January 30, 2017