Regular exercise is the only well-established fountain of youth.
Did you know that Pilates is for people at every age who want to look and feel their best?
You can actually erase years off your body. Chronologically you may be 50+, but with PILATES and healthy nutrition, people are going to do a double-take and not believe your age. Imagine how awesome you’ll feel, when you not only feel younger, but to other people you look younger.
Why Pilates? So glad you asked!
- Pilates presents a remarkable opportunity for an aging population to perform a series of exercises that are both safe and effective. The exercises are gentle, progressive and performed slowly with good postural alignment at all times.
- Pilates can provide people with the tools and techniques they need to age with dignity and a sense of well being.
- As we age flexibility becomes much more critical and so Pilates works especially well in this area for people who are middle aged and up.
- Pilates is a corrective, rehabilitative form of exercise developed to improve our body’s functioning by bringing it back into a natural state.
- Pilates can be performed at a pace dictated by the strength and stamina of the individual.
- Regular Pilates practice can lead to a stronger, leaner body, while developing body awareness – awareness of how you sit, stand and move. You will be able to relate those habits to the aches, pains and injuries you have now or had in the past, and most importantly change them.
- Pilates improves the connection between your mind and your body.
Joseph Pilates was ahead of his time. His philosophies on health and exercise hold true to this day.
“I must be right. Never an aspirin. Never injured a day in my life. The whole country, the whole world, should be doing my exercises. They’d be happier.”
~ Joseph Pilates
Pilates Body NYC is the Upper West Side Pilates Studio that comes to you. Pilates made convenient.